Why study in UK
The advantages of studying in UK are
Global Recognized Programs
- The programs offered by UK universities are recognized by employers all over the world.
- The UK universities make sure that their degrees are on par with the
global qualification standards to ensure high quality and integrity.
- The standard of education is high since they promote practical based
education to encourage creative thinking ability in students.
- The universities have their courses with the updated curriculum that meets industry expectations
- The Students gets exposure to industry trends through seminars, workshops, Industry visits etc.
UK is regarded as a highly developed market-oriented economy and this leads to immense possibilities for
students to work in UK after graduation.
Top industries trending in UK
- Information Technology
- Health care
- Transportation and logistics
- Wholesale and retail
Part Time Opportunities
The students also have the option to do part time during their school term. The number of hours allowed as far as part time is concerned is 20 hours a week and it is always good to network with the career placement cell in your university regarding career related queries.
Internships are always a great way to gain experience in a field of your choice and employers often visit the universities to hire interns and that can add value to your resume. The duration of an internship could range from few weeks to a year depending upon the employer.
Volunteer work are great for students to experience different communities, learn new skills and even advance your career.
Effective learning environment
The campus in UK universities promote beautiful learning experience with effective teaching methods, also encourages you to take part in management activities to promote team building and leadership activities.
UK is a mix of different nationalities and students from different cultures and backgrounds come to UK. This provides good networking opportunities and exposure which would be helpful for your career.
Short Duration of the Courses
The duration of the course are also short where in a undergraduate degree are three to four years and masters degree programs are one to two years.
The programs are focused on both theoretical and practical based curriculum and students are encouraged to take up projects to inculcate creative thinking ability.
The education in UK are lower when compared to other countries where a degree cost starts from £6000 to £7000 a year and that depends on the university that you are applying for.
Education in UK
In UK, Higher education institutions are independent institutions that are proficient in teaching, research and scholarship.
All UK universities develop their own courses and award their own degrees. Degrees and other higher education qualifications are legally owned by the awarding institution, not by the state.
UK University Accreditation
Accreditation of UK universities are done to ensure that the universities have the legal right to award the degrees to students. The permission has to be obtained from Secretary of State, a Royal Charter or an Act of Parliament.
The Accreditation is useful for students to identify list of recognised institutions. Universities and some colleges can award degree-level qualifications.
Some of the approved accreditation bodies by the British Government,
- Quality Assurance agency for Higher education (QAA)
- Accreditation UK- British Council
- Accreditation service for International colleges (ASIC UK)
- British Accreditation Council (BAC)
- Accreditation body for Language Services
Institutions in UK
Universities and colleges in UK
Some of the top universities are in UK and this gives an added advantage for students. Below is the list of some of the Top Universities, Click on the link below to know about each university
- University of Cambridge
- University of Oxford
- University College London
- The University of Edinburgh
- The University of Manchester
- Middlesex University, London
- Coventry University
- The London School of Economics and Political Science
- Imperial College London
- The University of Nottingham
- University of Glasgow
- University of Leeds
- The University of Warwick
- Newcastle University
- King's College London
- University of Southampton
- University of Leicester
- The University of York
- The University of Sheffield
- University of St Andrews
- Durham University
- University of Liverpool
- University of Exeter
- University of Kent
- Lancaster University
- Queen Mary University of London
- University of Surrey
- University of Sussex
- University of Bath
- Queen's University Belfast
- University of Reading
- University of Birmingham
- Loughborough University
- University of East Anglia
- University of Strathclyde
- University of Bristol
- University of Aberdeen
- Cardiff University
- University of the Arts London
- City, University of London
- University of Essex
- Heriot-Watt University
Entry requirements refer to those qualifications that are required to get in to the university. Entry requirements differ from university to university and students are advised to understand the requirements of each university. There are two types of requirements- English and Academic.
English Language Requirements
The English language requirements are essential to test the candidates command over English language.
IELTS (International English Language Testing system)
IELTS is a English language proficiency test conducted by British Council and this serves as a entry criteria for admissions in UK universities.
TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
TOEFL is language test to measure the English language skills of non-English speakers.
The minimum TOEFL requirements for undergraduate program is 80 and postgraduate program is 90 (internet based).
There are certain exceptions for students whose medium of instruction is English and scored more than 70% in English.
- Percentage of 60 and above in 12th is required for humanities program.
- Percentage of 70 and above is required for science, engineering and commerce program.
- Some UK universities even consider students with 2nd class degrees.
- Students with additional experience and skills have an added advantage to be considered for an undergraduate program.
- The students should have completed 18 years of age
- Percentage of 60 and above in undergraduate degree for masters and research program .
- As far as MBA program is concerned, An upper second class degree is required along with the work experience of 3 years (minimum), preferably management experience.
- Some Universities require GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) scores for MBA programs and score of 600 and above are considered eligible.
- The students should have completed 25 years of age.
For Medical Programs
- At least an upper second class degree is required and Bio Medical Admission test (BMAT) or MSAT (Medical Schools admission test) test scores are required.
- IELTS score of 7 is required.
- Most Universities prefer students from life science or the health science background.
- Art students with high grades who want to pursue medicine can undergo one year pre-medicine courses.
- Mark sheet copies of Bachelor degree (Consolidated mark and degree certificates), 12th, 10th with attestation are required.
- IELTS, TOEFL score copies are required.
- Work experience certificates and recommendation letters from the employer in case of MBA programs.
- Letter of Recommendation from academic professors.
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Copies of Curriculum Vitae/ Resume
- Stamp size photo of student.
Cost of Education
- Foundation courses: £4,000 to £12,000
- Arts courses: £7,000 to £12,000
- Science courses: £7,500 to £25,000
- Clinical courses: £10,000 to £33,000
- MBA: £5,000 to more than £34,000
Student Visa Process
Students who wish to pursue undergraduate, postgraduate or doctoral programs have to apply for Tier 4(general) student visa.
Eligibility Criteria for Visa
- Candidates applying for visa should produce proof of their English fluency.
- Candidates should have their admission letter from the university.
- Eligibility to fund their education.
- The candidates should not be from a country listed in European Economic Area.
- It is always advisable to apply for visa 3 months in advance prior to joining.
- Visa fees receipt.
- Current Passport
- Proof of fund- To show the visa delegates that the candidate is capable of funding his education.
- Parental consent document if the candidate is under 18.
- Bank loan sanction letter (in case of bank loan)
- Passport size photo.
- Tuberculosis report from a registered medical practitioner.
- Online application form
- UG/ PG degree certificates.
- UG/PG Consolidated mark sheets
- 10th/12th marks sheets.
- IELTS/ TOEFL Score report
- Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)- this document verifies that candidate has been given an offer to study in the university.
- Work experience certificate (if applicable).
- Accommodation Confirmation (if any).
- Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) certificate (if applicable)
- Birth certificate
Students are advised to carry their original documents along with photocopies for verification.
- What are the courses available for UG in UK?
There are lot of course options available for students to pursue in UK. Some of the popular UG courses are
Is UK better for job opportunities?
- Medicine programs (MBBS)
- Computer Science
- Marine Biology
Since UK is the highly developed market- oriented economy, The international students have lot of career opportunities in UK.
They work for part time job, internships volunteer work to gain experience.
Is IELTS required for UK Universities?
IELTS (International English language testing system) is required for admissions in UK universities.
IELTS requirement is asked to test the candidates English proficiency.
What about the extra expenses other than the college fees?
The extra expenses apart from college fees such as travel expenses, accommodation, visa expenses have to be borne by the students.
Broadmind group will gladly assist the students through the entire process.
What is the scope of MBBS in UK?
MBBS has an immense scope not only in UK but also other countries as the standard of education is high. Medical training in UK will be extensive and
It will equip you with practical experience as well as professional practice.
How much is the visa application fee?
The visa application fees is Rs. 33810 and additional Rs. 33810 for dependents.
How much is the University application fee?
The University application fee is £13 for single choice and £24 for more than one choice of courses.
What are the courses available for diploma?
There are different types of diploma programs offered for international students such as Graduate diploma, Postgraduate
diploma and advance diplomas. The duration of the course is one to two years.
What are the courses available for PG?
Some of the popular PG courses in UK are
What are the courses available related to IT?
- Computer Science
- Engineering and technology
- Veterinary Science
Some of the courses in Information technology are
- IT Administrator Course
- Cyber security
- Data analytics
- Cloud Computing