Study in Malta
MALTA is a Southern European Island consisting of an island group in Mediterranean Sea. Malta is a modern, vibrant Country famous for lovely beaches, sunny weather and a calm environment. The education system in Malta is very high rated and the curriculum is based on British model.
|Languages Spoken||English, Maltese|
|Area||316 square kilometer|
Why Study in Malta?
There are various benefits for international students where they could consider Malta as their new study destination.
High Quality Education
The quality of education is very high and the largest university is the University of Malta . The courses are internationally recognized since their curriculum are designed by highly qualified professionals with experience in commerce, public affairs etc.
Rich British Legacy
The students willing to have a great knowledge and expertise in English language can consider Malta for their higher education since they have rich British legacy.
Top Destination for English Language Learning
Malta is considered as one the top destinations for English learning and They offer various English programs for international students to brush up on their English skills.
Excellent Career Opportunities
The students have interesting opportunities to work in Malta after graduation. They could look for jobs in hospitality and other industries to add value to your resume. The students advised to get in touch with their university regarding career opportunities and work visa requirements.
Excellent Campus Facilities
The educational institutions in Malta offer some of the best campus facilities to students, some of the facilities,
- Bright and spacious lecture rooms
- Well-equipped computer labs
- Latest smart boards and projection technology
- Excellent Wi-Fi connectivity
- Green screen and video equipment
- Networking hardware & Cisco components
- Robotic equipment
- Fully equipped Library & access to online resources
Malta is considered to be the safest country in all of Europe and this is an added advantage for international students. The international students are eligible to receive free health treatments at state funded Hospitals and Health centres but only in case of emergencies.
Malta is one of the smallest countries in the world and expenses like food, transportation, tuition fees are highly affordable. As far as costs are concerned, the students are advised to check with the universities for updated information.
Institutions and Courses in Malta
Some of the higher education institutions in Malta are as follows
- University of Malta
- AUM American University of Malta
- Malta College of Arts, Science and Technology
- London School of Commerce Malta
- Global College, Malta
- St Martin's Institute of Information Technology
- Queen Mary University of London, Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry (Malta)
Popular UG Courses in Malta
|a) Bachelor of Science in Software Development||a) Bachelor of Science in Business Administration|
|b) Bachelor in Creative Computing||b) BA Management|
|c) Bachelor in Information Systems and Management||c) Bachelor in Management|
|Engineering||Banking and Finance|
|a) Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering (Plant)||a) Bachelor in Banking and Finance|
|b) Bachelor of Science in Environmental Engineering||b) Bachelor in Accounting and Finance|
|c) Bachelor of Science in Chemical Technology||c) Bachelor of Science in Accounting|
Popular PG Courses in Malta
|Engineering||Information and Communication Technology|
|a) Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering||a) Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence|
|b) Master of Science in Engineering (Electrical)||b) Master of Science in Communications and Computer Engineering|
|c) Master of Science in Computer Information Systems|
|d) Master of Science in Micro Electronics and Nano Electronics|
|a) Master of Science in Physiology||
|b) Master of Science in Biochemistry||
|c) Master of Science in Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics||
|d) Master of Science in Obstetrics and Gynecology|
|e) Master of Science Communication Therapy|
Cost of Education
The cost of higher education differs from institutions to institutions. The cost of can start from
- 1120 € - arts/business related courses
- 1440 € - Science based courses (per semester)
There are various scholarship options offered for students to pursue education in Malta.
University of Malta offers a scholarship especially for Indian students in the field of Commerce, Medical, Dental and Health Sciences, Science, Engineering and Humanities. The above scholarship has the following benefits
|For a 3 Year Course||For a 4 Year Course|
|90% waiver for the first year||100% waiver for the first year|
|75% for the second year||80% on the second year|
|50% for the third year||60% on the third year|
|40% on the fourth year|
|For a 5 Year Course|
|50% waiver every year|
Eligibility and Application Process
|1. Should have passed high school (12th)||1. Complete an online form|
|2. Minimum IELTS score of 5.5||2. Letter of reference from high school professors|
|3. TOEFL score of 61||3. Copies of academic qualifications should be provided|
|4. Any other relevant qualifications|
Note: The students can contact Broadmind group for any scholarship related assistance.
English Language Requirements
|TOEFL||A minimum of 71 is required and a score of 90 (internet based) is considered good|
|PTE||A minimum of 43-50 is required|
i) A Higher secondary school certificate (12th) from a recognized institution is required
ii) To enter in the 3rd year of degree, students are required to have successfully passed a minimum of two years of higher studies after 12th to earn 120/240 credits
i) An undergraduate degree from a well-recognized University with minimum of 50% or above
ii) The students with other relevant qualifications and minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience are also considered
Documents Required for Admission
1. 10th and 12th mark sheet copies with attestation
2. Bachelor degree certificate (both consolidated and degree certificate)
3. Work experience certificate (in case of business programs)
4. IELTS/TOEFL score certificates
5. Letter of Recommendation from academic professors
6. Curriculum Vitae/ Resume
7. Statement of Purpose (SOP)
8. Stamp size photo of student
9. Copy of passport
- The students willing to pursue education in Malta have to apply for a student visa
- Candidates applying for visa should produce proof of their English fluency
- Candidates should have their admission letter from the university
- Visas issued by Austrian, Italian, French or Spanish representations are valid for up to 3 months (90 days)
- International students who wish to stay longer in Malta has to apply for a e-residence document. The students are advised to get in touch with the visa office in Malta for more details
Documents Required for Visa
- Application Form duly filled in and signed by the applicant
- Passport size photographs in color with white background
- Passport / Travel document
- Valid Medical Insurance
- Letter from the Educational Institute in Malta stating that the applicant has been offered a place in the course
- No Objection Certificate from both parents if applicant is a minor
- Proof of Accommodation
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover all expenses (tuition fee and daily expenses) during the study period. (Either own fund or bank loan)
Note: The students are advised to carry 2 to 3 photocopies of each document along with the original copies for verification
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Is it difficult to obtain student visa in Malta?
A. Malta welcomes students from all around the world and guides them if the candidate satisfies all the entry requirements. BroadMind is always happy to help the students regarding visa applications and procedures
2. What are the languages spoken in Malta?
A. The languages spoken in Malta are Maltese and English. Most Maltese population understand Italian, French and other languages such as German and Spanish are understood to a lesser extent
3. What is the medium of instruction in Malta Universities?
A. The universities in Malta use English as a medium of instruction and the curriculum is based on British model. This can be an advantage to international students
4. What is the currency used in Malta?
A. The currency used in Malta is Euro (€) since it belongs to the European Union
5. How is the student life in Malta?
A. The international students can make most of their stay in Malta since they offer a variety of amenities such as:
- Pleasant Environment
- Travel facilities such as bus
- Sports and leisure activities
- Variety restaurants
6.What is the IELTS score that I have to get to qualify for admissions?
A. A score of 6.5 is considered good for admissions but in exceptional cases, if a candidate has scored more than 70 or 80% in English during higher education, then a score of 5.5 can be considered for admissions
7. Can students work in Malta while studying?
A. The international students have the opportunity to work in Malta during graduation provided that the students maintain attendance and good academic progress. The work right is at the sole discretion of the Maltese immigration authorities