Preparation and Tips for IELTS
- To prepare for the IELTS test, to prepare for the IELTS test, you can register for the test and get a free sample book with sample tests for each English skill.
- You can learn and improve your English grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, word power, listening skills and more in mobile apps.
- You can get access to a six-week IELTS online course (MOOC*), and get familiar with the test and avail tips from teachers and course moderators.
- You can watch videos to familiarize yourself with the test and get expert tips to help you prepare for the test.
- You can register for IELTS with the British council and get 30 hrs of free access to Road to IELTS which is an online preparation course. Click on https://www.roadtoielts.com/
- You can stay updated in Facebook to know useful tips, interactive quizzes and contests on Facebook page.
- You can visit the websites below to get more preparation materials on IELTS
IELTS Sample Tests
Sample tests can be taken up in various websites for free by clicking the links below;
You can even take up mock test under the expert guidance in Broadmind.
Materials Required On The IELTS Test Date
The things that are to taken on the day of the test is your original and valid passport and a colour photocopy of the passport. Driving license and student id’s are not accepted.
The candidates who are without a valid id will not be allowed to take up the test.
On the day of the test, things that are allowed to take inside the test hall are the identification document, a pencil, a pen, an eraser and a transparent water bottle without any labels or writings on it. You will not be allowed to take anything else other than this.
The other things which you bring like bag must be kept in a separate area allotted for keeping the things. British council is not responsible for the loss of any valuables. It is advisable to keep you valuables like phone, laptop, and money at home.
Points To Remember
- You are not allowed to cheat or copy from another candidate.
- You are not allowed to use a dictionary, spell checker, mobile phone or any other electronic device.
- You must not lend or borrow anything in the test room.
- The supervisor will not help you with any of the questions.
- You must not talk or disturb the others.
- You must not eat or smoke inside.
- You are not allowed to take anything from the examination hall.
- You must not leave the hall without the permission of the supervisor.
- Listen carefully to the instructions given.
- Raise your hand in case of any doubt or any sickness.
- Stay in your seat after the test.
- If you have any complaints tell it to the invigilator immediately or within one week. He will have a test day incident form.
- If you have asked for special arrangements on the day of the test for disability or any other reasons, adjustments will be made on that day.
- Read the terms and conditions of the IELTS test before you come for the test.
Join in the IELTS batch at BroadMind, the best IELTS training centre in Madurai and Chennai to get valuable IELTS preparation tips, IELTS study materials, IELTS tips for beginners, etc.